Middleware Developer, ACNS, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, 2011-present
- Provided end user support for Help Level 2 (eID and Google Apps accounts) and ACNS websites.
- Web Accessibility, guest lecture, CT 310 Ross Beveridge, April 28, 2017
- Created web accessibility checklist, examples and resources for the ACNS website, 2015-2016.
- Web Application Security presentation, Professional Development Institute, Colorado State University, January 12, 2015
- Web Accessibility presentation, Colorado State University, November 11 and 13, 2013
- Facilitated Computer Applications Training sessions in Dreamweaver and Web development, 12 hours, TILT, April 2012 and CSU staff, March 2013.
Web Coordinator, Colorado State University Libraries, Fort Collins, CO, 2004-2010
- Created online help pages and video tutorials for Discovery, a library catalog search tool.
- "Discovery Tools for Library Research", Professional Development Institute presentation, Colorado State University, 01-07-2009 and 01-06-2010
- "Content Management Systems", Professional Development Institute presentation, Colorado State University, 08-29-2007 and 01-11-2008
- "Statistics Tools for Your Web Site", Professional Development Institute presentation, Colorado State University, 07-25-2007 and 01-10-2008
- "Search Tools for Your Web Site", Professional Development Institute presentation, Colorado State University, 06-27-2007 and 01-09-2008
- Web Authoring, Colorado State University Libraries, 8 workshops (12 hours), July-Aug 2006
Computer Science Lecturer, Uganda Martyrs University, Nkozi, Uganda, 2003
- Taught Java programming, operating systems, Web authoring, networking, and management information systems.
- Developed syllabi, lecture notes, coursework and exams.
Computer Science Lecturer, University of Bukoba, Tanzania (with VSO Canada), 2001-2003
- Taught programming, computer applications and computer maintenance.
- Initiated a university diploma including syllabi, materials and software for 14 IT courses.
- Windows, Word, Excel and Access workshops, 100 days, 2001-2003
- Computer Maintenance workshops, 6 days, 2002-2003
- Web Developer, Bureau of Evaluative Studies and Testing, Indiana University, 1999-2001
- Created user documentation for evaluation software.
Teacher, Ponhofi Senior Secondary School, Ohangwena, Namibia (with US Peace Corps), 1994-1997
- Taught grade 11 and 12 IGCSE and HIGCSE physics, chemistry and computer science.
Electronic Mail Consultant, University IT Services, Indiana University, 1992-1994
- Assisted staff and students with computing problems by e-mail, phone, and in person.
Graduate Instructor, Intermediate Physics Laboratory course, Johns Hopkins University, 1988-1989
Teaching Assistant, Concepts of Modern Science course, University of Notre Dame, 1985-1986
Degree: MS in Education (Instructional Systems Technology), Indiana University, 2000
- Courses in Instructional Design: instructional design, development and production, computer mediated learning, human computer interface design, needs analysis and assessment, evaluation and change
- Courses in Teaching and Training: excellence in teaching, group interactive training techniques, science education
- Courses in Education and Development: curriculum and instruction, comparative education, education and social issues, education and change
- Technical writing, Colorado State University, 10 hours, summer 2004
- Science teaching, Ministry of Education and Culture, 7 full-day workshops, Namibia 1995-1997
- Science teaching, US Peace Corps, 2 months, Namibia 1994-1995
- Multimedia Authoring: Asymetrix ToolBook, Macromedia Director, Photoshop, Gimp, wikis, blogs, CMS
- Screen Recording for Video Tutorials: Camtasia, Captivate, Jing
- Office Applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher, Visio, Outlook; OpenOffice, Google Docs
- Document Types: research papers, proposals, reports, letters, memos, meeting minutes, user manuals, program documentation, syllabi, lecture notes, presentations, gradebooks, course evaluation forms, certificates, business and ID cards, greeting and invitation cards, postcards, address lists, budgets, inventory, orders, invoices, etc.