- Africa's population is rapidly expanding compared with most of
the rest of the world, including Asia.
- Africans speak hundreds of different languages. Many Africans
are multilingual, speaking their mother tongue, international trade
languages like Swahili and Hausa, and European languages like
English, French and Portuguese.
- Africa has a diverse, rich cultural heritage that goes back
thousands of years. Africa is the cradle of humankind. Advanced
African civilizations flourished at times when the rest of the
world was in the dark. Archaeologists can find treasures across the
continent. Much of African culture, past and present, remains
undocumented and unknown outside of the local communities.
- African values have brought Africans through great adversity
and may even hold the key to human survival on earth.
- Africa has great potential for agriculture. It is a huge
continent with large, unused areas of fertile land. Its climate is
generally warm and sunny, often allowing year-round
- Flora and Fauna
- Africa contains huge tropical forests and game reserves with
large numbers of unique animals and plants.
- Africa has huge, largely unexplored oil reserves, especially in
the Gulf of Guinea, Nigeria and Angola, that someday may rival
those of the Middle East.
- Africa has some of the world's largest reserves of many
minerals, including gold, diamonds and uranium.
- Solar Energy
- Africa receives a large amount of solar energy, and its
potential is great for the future, when petroleum will be scarce