Indiana University Bloomington Evaluation Services and
Bloomington, IN 47405
Supervisor and Co-Workers
- Dr. J. David Perry, Director of Campus Assessment and Testing
- Adrian German and Carlos Colón, Technology Support Specialists
- Designed, developed, modified, maintained and documented web-based applications for quizzes and tests, surveys, course evaluations and grade posting which were used by hundreds of faculty and tens of thousands of students every semester.
- Modified and maintained the 20 MB, 1000+ page BEST website.
- Improved user interfaces, user documentation, functionality, structure and maintainability of applications and website, and greatly reduced server errors.
- User feedback to changes was very positive and site usage increased despite competition from courseware applications developed by much larger teams.
System Administration and Maintenance
- Maintained a Sun Ultra 2 server running SunOS, a Sparc 5 workstation running Solaris 2.5 and a Linux file server.
- Maintained Netscape, Apache and Sun web servers and space on the Indiana University Veritas web server.
- Maintained, monitored, summarized and reported web usage and error statistics.
- Backed up two servers to DAT weekly.
- Managed the migration of the entire website to a university-managed server to reduce administrative overhead.
- Kept daily logs of system changes and personal activities.
Support and Training
- Supported users through telephone, e-mail and walk-in consultations and on-line documentation.
- Processed instructor course evaluation requests, managed accounts, ran reports, and answered questions.
- Created and maintained a website of internal documentation for development, maintenance and support.
- Trained a co-worker in development, user support and system administration.
Tools and Skills
- HTML and code editors, e-mail programs, web browsers, web servers
- UNIX (SunOS, Solaris, Linux, Ultrix) and Windows NT
- Problem solving, analysis, design, development, testing, troubleshooting
- Teamwork, user support, writing, multi-tasking