Colorado State University Libraries
501 University Avenue
1019 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, CO 80523-1019
- Dennis Ogg 2008-2010
- Naomi Dushay 2007-2008
- Don Albrecht 2004-2007
Duties and Accomplishments
- Manage the Libraries Web Team and the design, development, maintenance and evaluation of the 5000-page Colorado State University Libraries website.
- Conducted major redesigns of the Libraries site in 2009-2010 and 2005-2006.
- Developed user interface for Discovery, a library search tool based on VuFind
- Maintain the user interface for Sage, the legacy catalog.
- Developed user interfaces for the Digital Collections of Colorado, including some of CSU's digital collections
- Administer and customized interfaces for staff and public wikis and blogs.
- Designed archives subsites (e.g. water, posters, wildlife, carnations, RMFU, ISTeC).
- Designed other subsites (e.g. staff intranet, staff wiki, Writers on the Plains).
- Develop and maintain library Web applications and track Web statistics.
- Maintain 500 Web pages, including 30 pages of web design and development tips.
- Maintain several Linux-based Web servers.
- Conducted Web authoring workshops for Libraries and university staff.
Tools and Skills
- Web authoring (HTML, XHTML, CSS, Dreamweaver, Photoshop)
- Database queries and administration (MySQL)
- Web statistics (Google Analytics, WebTrends, AWStats)
- Web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera, plugins)
- Web search tools (Google Mini, Google CSE, Lucene/SOLR, mnoGoSearch)
- Planning, needs analysis, heuristic analysis, usability studies
- Information architecture, standards, content management, validation
- Writing, editing, proofreading and documentation
- Systems administration (RedHat Enterprise Linux)
- Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office